12.08.2006

wired for fun



i've admired jeff dever's work for some time now. his double-walled, hollow polymer clay vessels are vivid examples of masterful engineering. i took a two day technique workshop with him a few years ago and i walked away scratching my head, still wondering "how did he do that?" my comment is not a reflection of his teaching ability-dever is a gifted, generous teacher with a great deal of patience. his meticulous attention to the details of construction and his mastery of the medium just rock.my.world.

somehow jeff's new work slipped right by me - he is now mixing wire with his pod-like, abstract polymer forms - adding another dimension to the world of baskets. many thanks to toby goldsmith for the link. enjoy!

1 comment:

Silastones said...

I get goosebump everytime I see Jeff Dever's works. Now that I'd learn that you took his workshop for 2 days and still scratch your head, I can stop scratching my head before I get a bold spot. Really, how did he do that?