11.27.2006

puzzled


"Our everyday life is a compound of private, social and political events. Some are insignificant; some are hard to shake off, leaving a deep mark. Consciously and subconsciously I draw my inspiration from those events and channel them into my work. My work is my way to connect with the world. I’ve always had trouble expressing myself with words. My language is clay. I create words on the potters’-wheel, and then combine and shape my sentences by hand. " Lilach Lotan

lilach lotan pottery is the seamlessly blended work of team-in-life partners lilach & ron lotan.

this body of work has a roughness i like and the puzzle bottle fit my mood today: puzzled by life and the rough edges of a world gone crazy.

toby goldsmith's been quite a dear, sending along links like this...thanks so much toby.

No comments: