1.25.2007

on living/living on

"I use plants, sea forms, and human anatomy to talk about life, disease, and the will to live. My intention with this work is to make references to the process of survival. The work is not meant to dwell on the concept of dying. The pieces are about living. I hope to show the beauty that can be found in nature, and in doing so, wish to make the viewer more aware of the life around them." Bonnie Seeman

bonnie seeman walked through her days viewing the world through one lens. then a loved one became gravely ill, a loved one died. now seeman sees the world through a very different set of lenses and the difference is reflected in her ceramic art as in her life.

life is fragile. life is hard. life is short. embrace all of it.


thanks to natalia for sending the link to this thoughtful artist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I just discovered your blog due to a comment over on the polymerclaydaily blog, and I'm glad I did.

Big Grin!